Saturday, July 9, 2011

07/09/11: And More Anticipation.

I was discharged from the hospital again on Thursday (07/07) as my fevers, although high, had been stable and there were no signs of infection or pneumonia.

We returned the next day, Friday (07/08), for our appointment to receive the final pathology results. Unfortunately, they're still not in due to the incredibly rare nature of this form of cancer. They informed us that so far the tumor appears to be intermediate, between low and high grade, but they still have another strain to test in order to be conclusive. They told us it should be completed by Wednesday (07/13).

A little frustrating, but I understand they want to be completely certain about the details of this tumor because it will ultimately determine which treatments will be effective, ineffective, or even harmful. I'd rather they take the time rather than to rush into a treatment option that may prove to unnecessary or malignant.

I also received news that I may be starting my treatment at the Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center instead of elsewhere. Which is good news as I already have all my records there and it's close to home.

For the time being I'm at home, prescribed with a codeine cough syrup and a short antibiotic script. Some strength is coming back, but still not feeling close to 100%. Getting plenty of rest and love and support from you guys though, which is helping me tremendously and I don't know how'd I get through this without it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Justin,

    Very courageous of you to be going through all of this and keeping such a positive outlook on this (which you should!). I am confident you will make the right decisions and that this is only an obstacle in your long life to come. Keep strong, keep writing about your journey and keep up the optimism- your story is very inspirational and you're in everyone's thoughts! Keeping good thoughts for your next appointment.

    Best Regards,
    Gavin Jones

    ReplyDelete